Pages

Wednesday, October 26, 2011

A bit of Red


That is Winged Sumac pictured in the gourd. My field has quite a bit of it growing out there. Snoopy (Jayme's horse) moved to South Carolina with her and now my field is once again reverting back to forrest... or jungle....whichever you prefer to call it. I just love the fall color of it. It really is a weed around these parts although, it did manage to catch Tim's eye. He doesn't usually notice such things but, the other morning he commented on the color of our "field". It is a beautiful red isn't it? Lots of this color around right now, I'm really enjoying it while its here, soon enough the leaves will all fall and winter will have arrived. Winter is not my favorite time of year....but I am determined to enjoy it anyway this year. Somehow....






Today, I'll just enjoy the Reds of Autumn.










These were just turning. I took them a couple of weeks ago, there are so many reds around. They are my favorite leaf color. This year anyway.











and one more.











This lovely Red Cardinal deserves a place amongst the Reds of Autumn, don't you think? I took this at Jeff and Tash's the day they were moving. (our son and daughter in law) He was enjoying the left over bird seed Tash had in the back yard. He and his lady friend, whom I did not get a picture of.












My favorite Red of all!! Estella Cheri, our oldest grand daughter. Also taken the day they moved. We really miss that little "Missy Girl"!




What's your favorite color of autumn?

3 comments:

Kathleen said...

Beth this is fun today :) My favorite Autumn color is Yellow here in Montana everything is Yellow, the Larch are just starting to turn and when they do the mountains just pop with all the pretty Yellows...it's so beautiful! But then I think if I had a pretty little granddaughter all dressed in Red... mine would definitely be red ;)She is so cute!!
Please bring me a gourd with the beautiful autumn leaves all over it when you come up I would like to buy one...Thanks! It is just gorgeous you are doing a really wonderful job! Love you much!

Beth said...

Kathleen,
I've been thinking of the yellow Tamaracks up in Marion. Those mountains this time of year are just beautiful with color.
Tim and I are going to try and go up Bon Air Mountain and snap a few looking down on the hills. The Color is awesome. Maybe Saturday.

Kathleen said...

Make sure you post them as I'm sure it is absolutely gorgeous this time of year!