Pages

Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Chimney Rock, NC


Chimney Rock, NC
It was our goal to hike up to the top of Chimney Rock. 



We look like we can make it don't we? Not sure how hot it was....but just as we were getting there they were hauling someone down on a stretcher. Heat exhaustion. It was hot! 90 something....



Proof that we did! View from the top. Tim went even higher....I decided that the park rangers had already been up to the top 3 times that day and they might appreciate it if I just stopped there. So, I waited on Tim.  It is my personal goal to, one day, just keep up with him!



                    By the time he got back, I was feeling better so we hiked down to Hickory Nut Falls.      






 The Falls weren't going very strong. I can imagine it would be good after rainy season though.







 Leaving me behind, as usual....:-)



View from the Parking Lot. Really beautiful park.  Just FYI....This is where some of "The Last of the Mohicans" was filmed. In particular the cliff scene. You can watch that here.

                                   We don't look too worse for the wear do we?! A bit sweatier maybe.

5 comments:

Rayia said...

Really beautiful! So green and lush.

Kathleen said...

Oh Beth I love these pictures, looks like you guys had a wonderful trip!!I know what you mean about keeping up....that's my goal in life too ;~)

Beth said...

That's right Kathleen you have one of these guys who loves to go trampin' through the woods.....Gotta stay in shape, to keep up. :)

Anonymous said...

That is such a beautiful area of the country. My husband would be right with you on this one and I would wait at the bottom...LOL... but what a view.....Michelle

Beth said...

It is beautiful there! If you are ever in that part of the country I recommend stopping. There are stairs all the way up.....LOTS of stairs. I made it to the flag. Tim went up about a mile and a half further....I just couldn't do it.
That is one of my new goals. Get in shape! Keep up with Tim! :-)I love hiking and nature, and it seems the most beautiful places are all "a ways back in".