Pages

Thursday, June 21, 2012


Yeah, it's me again. I know it's been a while, I'll explain in a bit. This picture is just a lovely view from a customers house we worked at recently. It doesn't really do it justice but I did try.

We do love this part of country. It is abnormally dry and yet this place is greener than anywhere else I've ever lived. The wildflowers keep blooming, the birds keep singing and the beauty of it just flows on.

Now for the explanation......drum roll......not really. We have just been extremely busy and I've been making adjustments to that. I've been making a lot of them at this point in my life. Won't bore you with the details however.

When I started this blog I really just wanted a place to write. I love to write. I love to read. I love the way words can be so expressive. To try and describe a feeling or write a picture with words is just a challenge that I love.
Somewhere, I got the idea I should make this like an outdoor hiking blog. I love to hike and be in nature and so does Tim. So, it seemed only natural. However.....at this juncture in our lives the reality is, that hiking much is not fitting in. I have had to come to the realization of what is most important.
This is the list I've come up with ~ God....Tim.....family....work.....finishing our house. I found out by the time I'm done with those not much hiking fits in.
So.....anyone who would like to stop following me may do so completely free of guilt! (smiling) Really!

I intend to keep writing but it will mostly include things from the above list. Although...part of finishing our house will include landscaping "Beth style". If that interests anyone.
To be fair I must also let you know that yes, I'm a Christian, of the "Born-Again" variety. And that is such a big part of me that I will sometimes write about that. Just to let you know. (smiling once again)






Now, if anyone is left....This is my backyard. Or the woods directly behind the fenced in area we have for the grand kids and of course our very hyper active dog!









Another view. It really is a lovely and full of old growth trees. Not sure how old. It's old enough that just past the new growth coming up in the front, is a Woods that is pretty much free of the brush y under growth that is almost impossible to walk through (think jungle) and so common where forests have been logged.



This is the plan....since we can't get out hiking much. I will continue to read my favorite hiking blogs and enjoy it all vicariously. And since we are really blessed with this great little bit of nature in our back yard, I want to begin turning the backyard into a nice little haven. Where we can go and relax without ever leaving home. Hopefully, I'll post about that process.


One final warning. I will post about my faith and some do find that offensive. For what reason, I'm not really sure, but if you do I'm sorry to see you go. I have other thoughts I could add but, I'll leave it here for now. Maybe another time.
I appreciate any who stay and read. You are most welcome here. To be honest, I'm really just writing because I love it so much. It does something for me, to express things in words. I would write if no one ever read it. I don't do it for recognition. I do it because, I have a need to.

4 comments:

Kathleen said...

Made my day to see you had posted!I love to read your writing... you are so good at it (I completely know where Alaina gets it from :)Love the picture of your backyard...made me miss you! But I am excited to see what you are going to do back there, will be beautiful I'm sure!

Beth said...

Well, it will take a while to do what I want to do. Add flower beds with plants that attract birds and butterflies.
I wish I could plant full grown trees. :) I need a couple more for shade...

Kim@Snug Harbor said...

I'm glad you posted - I was wondering what had happened to you. I'll be back. I'm not going anywhere. I am always open to God in my life. I hope you'll have time to make your birdhouses tho.

Beth said...

Thank you, Kim
That's so nice to know. I haven't had much time for birdhouses. Maybe soon!!