Pages

Sunday, July 14, 2013

Change can be beautiful


Such amazing creatures. I am in awe of them. So fragile, graceful and beautiful. Their lifespan is very short, a year at the most, depending on the species and some live only two days. And yet, the Monarch travels 3,000 miles during it's migration to Central America.  Children's butterfly site.

In the process of metamorphosis, while they are in the cocoon, they turn from a Caterpillar to an indistinguishable mass of "goo" and somehow, out of that, this gorgeous creature emerges. One butterfly expert feels this is "rightly regarded as a miracle". I would agree.






This one really enjoyed my Oregano blooms and kept returning time and time again.











I wondered what I could learn from them. I think that God's Creatures often teach us something. He told us to observe them and take lessons.
I think, for me, the butterfly represents change and complete renewal. Becoming something new and leaving the past behind.
I believe I'm in that process, at this juncture in my life. The problem is, right now, I'm just a lot of "goo" and not sure how it all can fit together. I feel the cocoon around me, smothering me, knowing change has to happen. Yet, I'm not quite ready to break free, strengthen my wings and fly. It all takes time, I guess.


Really, I'm not trying to over dramatize my situation, I just have no idea where it all will lead. I feel the change, I  know it's coming, I know it needs to. I just don't want to make the wrong choices and the choices to be made seem so important. They involve the future of some of those I hold closest to me. I feel completely torn and a lot like that "goo" trapped inside it's walls. Not sure how, this could ever turn out to be for the benefit of all. And, that is what I'm looking for, something that changes us and makes us all better.....like the butterfly. So, I'll wait and keep looking up. I'll keep asking for Guidance. I'd be lost without it.


1 comment:

Kathleen said...

Great way to look at things! Love this post... so true about change, it is a process doesn't happen overnight (most times anyway :)