Pages

Saturday, July 6, 2013

Changes


This last year has been, one of the most......well... I guess, I honestly lack one single word to describe it. It's been good and bad. Busy and loud, with a few stolen moments of quiet here and there. Laughter and tears have been a major part of it. I won't write out the details but, it has been one of the best and yet, one of the hardest and most frustrating years of my life. I now have gray hairs, where there were none, less than a year ago.

I've learned a few things. I've grown in ways I couldn't have without all those 'details' being played out. I have some beautiful scenes to tuck in my memory banks and replay when I need to smile. I have a few I'd rather delete. I've gotten good at that over the years. Some things are better forgotten and left in the past. And so, I will.

In so many ways this last year has been a Gift. A Gift to help me grow and discover a few changes that need to be made. Change, comes hard sometimes. Seeing the need for it, comes harder. Living it out, can be a very slow and uphill process. Yet, so rewarding when the path of change is led by Him. And so, we follow.



Me, with my three favorite munchkins.- I now have four grandbabies!! Not sure I can fit them all anymore.- These kids are the joy of my life, they make me laugh when nothing else can. They fill up my heart.














Our son graduated with a degree in political sciences this spring. Really good day!











My grandson and I at the wedding of a beautiful young couple.
 Weddings make me cry. Always at the point when the father of the bride gives her away. It's just a beautiful moment.










I could add so many more highlights of this last year but, I'm a bit of an introvert and this is all I feel free to share. In fact, I've done quite a bit to insure my privacy lately. I love to write and the use of my blog and the pictures I love to take, really inspire me and give me an outlet. But, I don't want just anyone being able to see the glimpses of my life. So I did some things....I changed the URL address of my blog so it can no longer be found where it used to be. Yes, that means I've lost all my followers. That was intentional.  I re-set the privacy setting to prevent search engines and it is not posted on Blogger even. I no longer list my last name. Mostly, from now on, I'll be online with a pen name. I know this still doesn't insure complete privacy but, in these days our privacy seems to be a bit hard to achieve. -You might be surprised what pops up when you google your name.....yeah, it was an eye opener. I had no idea.-

 We could unplug completely....However, I wonder what purpose that would serve, except for maybe, isolation. I have too many friends and family that I love and enjoy online, to do that. Even though communication and technology have increased, at what seems a ridiculous rate, in the last few decades, people seem more centered upon self (read full text here) and isolated from true friendship, than ever. I decided to make some changes and choices about whom I am friends with. Isn't that the way it should be?   social media.....it can be used for such wrong purposes, and yet, some really good ones too.  And so, I stay around.

~Did I mention we have a new grand daughter??! A tiny, sweet smelling, soft and lovable firecracker. Born on the Fourth of July. -We've always been a rather patriotic family.- ~

2 comments:

Kathleen said...

Glad you are writing again, have missed it :) Completely understand the privacy issues... Love you!

BethWagenius said...

Well I don't get a chance to write much anymore as I'm working full time with my husband in his remodeling/construction business and.....on top of that we are trying to finish up our own home so we can sell it and downsize, start a new business....very busy time of life for us. I hope to at least have time soon to write about that. We shall see....